RADON IN PILLOLE: DO RADON LEVELS INCREASE WITH THE AGE OF A BUILDING?
📽️ In this video, we will answer this common question:
🗯️Do radon levels increase with the age of a building?❓
No. Actually, there is no relation between the age of a building and its Radon level. Let’s examine factors that influence the Radon level to understand it better.
– This is the amount of Uranium238 or Radium226 present in the soil underneath the building.
– No matter if the building is old or new, No Source means No Radon!
2️⃣ Driving force:
– This mainly depends on the inside and outside temperature differences.
– Colder outside means a stronger force that pushes Radon laden air into the building.
3️⃣ Pathway and openings:
– Radon needs a path to enter the building. Tiny cracks would be enough.
– And you know what? Sooner or later, Radon will find this path even in a tight new building.
4️⃣ Ventilation rate:
– This is the rate of air exchange to the outside.
– Air exchange can lower the Radon level by dilution. Older buildings may even have higher air exchange rates.
So no matter the age of the building. The only way to understand the Radon level is by measuring it!
Buy your Radon Test kit now at RadonMarket.com
Follow us to learn more
#Radon #GasRadon #RadonGas #RadonInstruments #Risanamento #RisanamentoRadon #Mitigation #RadonMitigation #MisuraRadon #RadonMeasurements #RadonMarket #SwemStudio #RadonMarketAcademy #RadoninPillole #Misurazioneradon #Ambient #Salute
RadonMarket Academy, Centro di Formazione Professionale del Radon